2/16/18

When words fail my prayer...

Image source

I have no words, Lord,
no words to speak a nation's grief,
a people's panicked outrage,
the depths of loss and pain...

I have no words, Lord,
for words have failed for far too long
to make the changes, any change,
to curb the violent virus
now infecting our shared life...

I have no words to speak to powers deaf
to anguished cries
and to the silence of young lives
slaughtered, mute, lost in the classrooms,
in the hallways of our schools...

I have no words to speak
but I know well the words I long to hear:
a word of peace where now there's none;
a word of comfort for the grieving;
a word of healing for the broken;
a word of wisdom in the madness;
a word of change where only change
will change the danger in our streets...

I have no words today, no words
to bring to bring from heart to speech
and I yet I trust you hear and know
the words I cannot find...

So hear this one last word, Lord,
in my silence hear my cry, my prayer,
"Mercy, Lord!"

Have mercy on your people, Lord,
have mercy on us all...

Amen.




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!