11/20/17

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 11/21

Image source

On Thursday, Lord,
we'll overeat and drink too much,
we'll stuff ourselves like turkeys
and joke about how much we've had
and how there's no room left for more...

And then for several days -
turkey sandwiches...

What we call "left-overs"
some (millions) would think a feast...

On Thursday, Lord,
we'll eat all day and night
while others go for days and weeks,
their cupboards bare and empty...

Let this week not pass until
I find and fund a way to feed the ones
whose tables never groan as ours
beneath the weight of too much food and drink...

For those who hunger all year 'round
help me do more than simply pray, Lord:
may I give thanks this week for all I have
by finding ways to share it with the poor...

Open my heart as wide as my mouth
and let my charity, like wine, pour freely,
filling others to the brim,
sharing with my neighbor, Lord,
the best of all you've given me...

Amen.

Looking for a way to be generous this Thanksgiving week?
Click on the St. Boniface Haiti Foundation link
at the top of my sidebar... 


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!