9/21/17

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 9/21



O God, 
I am your work in progress,
as much today at 70
as I was at 7 months or seven years…

I am your work in progress:
incomplete, unfinished,
still growing, taking shape, maturing,
all with the help of your grace…

I am your work in progress
and you never cease
to nudge and nurture me,
to mold and form me more and more
as the person you created me to be…

I am your work in progress,
even when I resist, deny or try to frustrate
your constant effort soften my ragged edges
and sharpen what’s grown dull in my spirit…

I am your work in progress
and by now I’m version # I-don’t-know
although I’m confident and sure
that you’re still working on the original,
on the heart-of-who-I am,
that unique individual whom you have known
since before all time began…

Give me patience, O God,
with the pace at which you work
to help me grow
and bring me to full stature…

And give me patience with myself
when I’m dissatisfied with who I am
and the progress I’ve made
in becoming the person you call me to be…

Give me patience ‘til I see and know
the plan you have for me
and how the work you do in me
serves you
and serves the world in which I live
and the people whom I love -
even while I’m still your work in progress…

That’s who I am, Lord,
I am your work in progress
and you love me, always, 
every step along the way,
because you take me as I am
and you know so very well
that I am yet unfinished, incomplete,
still growing and maturing,
with the help of your grace,
because I’m still your work in progress…

I trust, O God,
that you who began this good work in me
will be faithful
and will bring it to completion
on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ…

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!