9/22/17

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 9/23

Image source



Slow me down, Lord…

Sit me down 
and sit right by my side
until I've settled down inside
and begun to find the peace I need,
the peace that only you can give...
 
Temper me, Lord, with autumn days:
this season in between the seasons
of summer's heat and winter's ice... 

Temper me with days sublime:
the sun's warmth upon my face
while cool breezes brush my cheek,
waking me to all the ways 
you touch my life, my heart...

Temper me that I might find your beauty
in the loss of green, the letting go of leaves aflutter,
spiraling down to sleep the winter months
'neath snowy blankets, layered lovingly by you...

Temper me this fall for winter's journey, Lord,
until in spring you warm the earth again
and waken to new life the green 
that brings new hope to earth
and to my soul...

Temper me this fall, Lord,
ready me for what in winter waits:
cover me in layers of your grace,
protecting and preparing me
for seasons and for gifts I don't yet know…

And for now, Lord,
slow me down, sit me down  
and sit right by my side
until I've settled down inside 
and begun to find the peace I need, 
the peace that only you can give...  

Amen.

 
 

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!