7/15/17

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 7/16

Image source

There's not a moment of any day or night, Lord,
when you don't have time for me...

Not a moment
when you wouldn't put everything aside
just to listen to my story,
to speak to me, heart to heart,
from your heart, Lord, to mine...

Then why am I so often busy,
too busy,
to spend some time with you?

On a summer's day, Lord,
like today,
slow me down and give me time
for nothing else to do but be with you
and rest
and know again for certain
that you walk right by my side...

Let summer doldrums
lull, calm and call me
to a time of prayer,
a place of peace
and meeting you again...

I know you have the time, Lord,
and I know you'll always make the time
just to be with me...

Help me find and make the time I need
this summer, Lord,
just to spend some time with you...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!