4/22/17

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 4/23

Image source

Doubt, self-doubt and second guessing -
   these three disturb my discernment 
      and delay my decisions:
afraid that I'll misunderstand or make a mistake,
   I stall and I get nowhere at all...

Confidence, Lord: I need confidence!

I need confidence in the smarts you gave me:
   not the ones I wish I had but the ones I do have...

I need confidence in you, Lord,
   to trust that your Spirit always leads me...

I need confidence in those who help me, Lord,
   the ones you've given me for guidance...

I need confidence, Lord, in the truth of the scriptures 
   and in the wisdom of the ages...
 
I need confidence in my own ideas and thoughts
   and in the gift of my own experience...

I need confidence in you, Lord:
   in your mercy and grace, in your love and care for me...  

I need confidence to trust that when I make a mistake
   you forgive me, pick me up and help me on my way...

I need confidence that everything will be okay in the end
   and if everything's not okay, then it's surely not the end...

I need confidence that all shall be well, Lord,
   that all shall be well,
      that all manner of things shall be well...

I need confidence, Lord, 
   in trusting you'll give me confidence... 

Doubt, self-doubt and second guessing -
   these three, Lord, disturb my discernment
      and delay my decisions: 
           Confidence, Lord: I need confidence!

Amen.




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!