2/21/17

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 2/21




Who doesn't long and pray
for restful nights and peaceful days?

Who doesn't hope and wait an end
to days of worried fears 
and pray for nights of good, deep sleep?

Has anyone a heart not aching
to be known and loved,
no strings attached?

Do I know anyone whose desires
differ all that much from mine?

We're all much more alike than we are not:
   in our souls our similarities 
   outnumber our disparities...

From the same place deep within
we share a common thirst
and all who share our hunger
pray the love that feeds the heart...
Help me, Lord, to see, to know and nourish
all the hearts of those around me,
and open wide my heart to all
who'd love and feed and nourish me...
Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments      Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!