8/23/16

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 8/23


Today is August 23, 2016.

This day is unique in my own life,
   in the lives of those around me,
      in the history of humankind
         and in the very mind of God...

This day has never dawned before
   and this day will never come again...

August 23, 2016
   is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
What would you have me make of this day, Lord?
What would you have me do?
What would you have me not do?

How might I make this day a better day
   for the people whose paths cross mine?
How might I repair today
   what I've broken in the past?
What might I do today
   to prepare for a peaceful tomorrow?

What will you do in my life today, Lord?

Open me to all the ways your Spirit moves this day
   in my mind, my conscience, my heart and my soul,
      in my words and in my deeds...

This day, August 23, 2016, is the day you have made, Lord:
   help me rejoice and be glad in it,
   help me spend it as you ask me
   and come to its end in your grace...
Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!